Diamond Head Hike Package
Every vacation should come with a little adventure and on the island of Oahu, tackling those thrills can be as easy as booking this Diamond Head Hike! Serving as a staple feature of Oahu, Diamond Head was formed over 150,000 years ago during the Honolulu Volcanic Event. Over the years, it has served as a culturally important volcanic tuff and today is the site of the island’s most exciting hiking experience, with over 1,000,000 hikers a year, making it the 3rd largest attraction on Oahu.Travelers that are looking to know more about Oahu’s history and want the best views on the island should set their sights on the Diamond Head Hike.
Waikiki Transportation Included
(Save $5 on the Parking Fee)
This 1.6-mile excursion of the side of the Diamond Head Crater is a moderate expedition taken at your own pace. Stroll leisurely up the side of this towering natural formation and stop to enjoy the magnificent views that your height provides for you. The climb will take you through historic locations, sites once used by ancient Hawaiian cultures, and other important landmarks, both manmade and natural.
Accompanying you on your hike up the 762’-high crater will be an official audio tour that dives deep into what makes up the crater. From its geography to the legends surrounding it to the wildlife you may pass by on your trek up, the 60-minute audio tour is your guide to everything you could possibly want to know about Diamond Head. As you continue on your path to higher altitudes, the tour will point out locations of interest, giving a look through time.
Once at the summit, travelers will look out onto the island of Oahu, where the cities of Honolulu and Waikiki stretch out below. The views at the top are incredible, a suitable reward for making the journey up the towering tuff. Enjoy the views, pick out sites that you may recognize from your time on Oahu, and soak in the beauty of the island and the great expanse of blue that surrounds it.
Along with the unbelievable views of the island, the brave guests that hiked Diamond Head will receive a series of merchandise commemorating their hard work. Guests will walk away with a certificate, t-shirt, souvenir tag, and tote touting their accomplishment of conquering the volcanic crater.
What to Expect:
The Diamond Head Hike is a self-guided journey up the massive crater and includes:
The State of Hawaii Diamond Head Audio Hiking Tour with Details On:
- Local Sites
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” Certificate
- Official State of Hawaii Diamond Head Tote Bag
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” T-Shirt (Small – XL sizes Only)
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” Souvenir Tag
- Guests are responsible for the entry into the State Park and should expect to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen and hat.
- The higher up you get, the better the views will be. All participants of the Diamond Head Hike should bring a camera to capture these picturesque views.
- Allot about 90 minutes for the roundtrip hike.
- Check in with your voucher at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, located within the Diamond Head crater, at the beginning of the hiking trail.