Diamond Head Hike Package
The Hawaiian Island of Oahu has more history within its 597 mi2 than many probably realize, but it’s all there in the open for everybody to see and experience. With packaged tours like the Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor experience, Oahu’s more curious travelers can travel back in time, first to over 150,000 years ago to the formation of the Diamond Head Crater, then to over 75 years ago, to the day Japan invaded Pearl Harbor and started America’s involvement in World War II.Both experiences are important to Oahu’s culture, starting with a moderate hike up the side of the dormant volcanic tuff.
Adventurous travelers will love this journey up over 760’ to the summit of the Diamond Head State Park. Across the 1.6-mile trail, curious travelers will get to see historic landmarks along the way and see the occasional curious wildlife scurry on by.
The crater borders Oahu’s southeastern coast and the higher you get, the better the views of the Pacific Ocean and the nearby city of Honolulu get. It’s the ultimate sightseeing experience, complete with an audio tour to introduce you to the legends, culture, wildlife, and sites surrounding the crater’s lengthy history.
Accompanying you on your hike up the 762’-high crater will be an official audio tour that dives deep into what makes up the crater. From its geography to the legends surrounding it to the wildlife you may pass by on your trek up, the 60-minute audio tour is your guide to everything you could possibly want to know about Diamond head. As you continue on your path to higher altitudes, the tour will point out locations of interest, giving a look through time.
Once at the summit, travelers will look out onto the island of Oahu, where the cities of Honolulu and Waikiki stretch out below. The views at the top are incredible, a suitable reward for making the journey up the towering tuff. Enjoy the views, pick out sites that you may recognize from your time on Oahu, and soak in the beauty of the island and the great expanse of blue that surrounds it.
Along with the unbelievable views of the island, the brave guests that hiked Diamond Head will receive a series of merchandise commemorating their hard work. Guests will walk away with a certificate, t-shirt, souvenir tag, and tote touting their accomplishment of conquering the volcanic crater.
What to Expect:
The Diamond Head Hike is a self-guided journey up the massive crater and includes:
The State of Hawaii Diamond Head Audio Hiking Tour with Details On:
- Local Sites
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” Certificate
- Official State of Hawaii Diamond Head Tote Bag
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” T-Shirt (Small – XL sizes Only)
- Official “I Hiked Diamond Head” Souvenir Tag
- Guests are responsible for the entry into the State Park and should expect to bring comfortable shoes, sunscreen and hat.
- The higher up you get, the better the views will be. All participants of the Diamond Head Hike should bring a camera to capture these picturesque views.
- Allot about 90 minutes for the roundtrip hike.
- Check in with your voucher at the Diamond Head Visitor Center, located within the Diamond Head crater, at the beginning of the hiking trail.
Pearl Harbor Deluxe Details:
Once you tackle the expanse of the Diamond Head Crater, it’s time to come back down to ground for a heavy dose of reality. Coupled with your trek through nature is a journey through time, back to December 7th, 1941. On this poignant tour, you’ll explore the harbor, which was once the site of a devastating Japanese surprise attack.
Guests will experience the harbor through a series of exhibits, artifacts, and memorials, including the very emotional USS Arizona Memorial. One of the latest additions to the Pearl Harbor Memorial is a virtual reality experience that transports viewers to that quiet Sunday morning. They’ll relive the moments of a Pearl Harbor survivor as Japan’s fighters fly in and bomb the mighty battleships in the distance. Compiled from real accounts of the attack, the VR tour is an exclusive experience that gets you as close to the action as any later generation ever could.
Included in the Deluxe Passport Ticket:
- Audio Tour of the Arizona Memorial
- Admission to the Battleship Missouri
- Acoustiguide Tour of the Battleship Missouri
- Round-Trip Transportation to Ford Island
- Admission to Pacific Aviation Museum including WWII Hangars 37 & 79
- Self-Guided Audio Tour of Pacific Aviation Museum
- Audio tour of The Pearl Harbor Visitors Center & Museums
- Admission to the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park
- Audio Tour of the Bowfin Submarine & Museum
- Oklahoma Memorial
Pearl Harbor Visitors Center Ticket Booth
Redeem your passport to Pearl Harbor Ticket at the Pearl Harbor Visitors Center Ticket Booth.
USS Arizona Memorial Narrated Tour
The Passport to Pearl Harbor includes the the National Parks Service’s USS Arizona Memorial narrated tour. This 2.5-hour tour includes segments in the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center’s two museums, outdoor displays, the Pearl Harbor shoreline, Path of Attack tour, and more.
The USS Arizona Memorial Narrated Tour is available in English, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, French, German, and Spanish, and will even automatically translate the National Park Service’s 23-minute documentary movie into the visitor’s language.
The Passport to Pearl Harbor does not include tickets for the USS Arizona Memorial movie/boat program. Those tickets are free and handed out on a first come first served basis. The audio tour, which is included, incorporates the movie, boat and Memorial.
Admission to the Bowfin Submarine Museum and Park
Explore inside the Bowfin Submarine and imagine what life underwater was like on this this historic WWII submarine.
You will be given a digital audio player that narrates your tour as you explore the Bowfin Submarine. Your narration continues as you visit the museum to explore the intriguing world of submarines, both past and present.
* Children under 4 are not permitted on the submarine for safety reasons. They may visit the museum and mini-theater at no charge.
Admission and tour on the Battleship Missouri
The Mighty Mo Pass includes admission and your choice of the following tours:
- 35-minute Mighty Mo guided tour
- Acoustiguide audio tour
- Self-guided tour